GVS vs. Weymouth 9/25/15

Matt DeAngelo, Sports Writer

Senior Ally Lansbury’s two first-half goals were not enough to push Brookline past Weymouth as they lost 3-2 last Friday.

Lansbury was injured on a collision with under twenty minutes to go in the game and had to sit the rest of the game out. The Warriors did not score with her on the bench.

The Weymouth goals were scored by senior Ally Reynolds and freshman Emma Lynch.

The Warriors might have come away with a 4-3 win if it had not been for some questionable calls by the referees down the stretch. Twice, Brookline put the ball in the back of the net. But both times, they were denied as the goal was waved off due to an apparent foul against the Warriors.

“They were two calls that just didn’t go our way and there’s not much we can do, so we’re not going to worry about them,” junior Emily Ribatt said about the calls.

Another great chance for Brookline to tie the score was when junior Elizabeth Dumas got a free kick near the goal after being tripped up. Her shot was almost a perfect one as it arced over the defense, but it came down and hit the post without going into the net.

The Warriors turned the ball over seven times in the second half, including three turnovers by Lansbury.

The game was played at Nickerson Field at Boston University with the Brookline Superfans in attendance.