Black Cultural Playground photo gallery 2018

NICK EDDINGER/SAGAMORE STAFF

Ha! Senior Amara Obiora takes a break from turning the ropes to laugh as another student gets caught. She was one of the rope-turners during the double-dutch event at Black Cultural playground.

Taeyeon Kim, Staff Writer

NICK EDDINGER/SAGAMORE STAFF
Look out! Imanol Franco jumps high to avoid the rope. Later in the event, the group decided to switch to regular jump rope.
NICK EDDINGER/SAGAMORE STAFF
Friendship: students laugh and talk together, enjoying the fun atmosphere of Black Cultural Playground. The event, which took place during X-block and 1st and 2nd lunch brought students together to enjoy being a little kids again.
TAEYEON KIM/SAGAMORE STAFF
Ready to win: Dean Melanee Alexander leads a group of students in a game of dominoes. During Black Cultural Playground, tables with various games on them were placed in the MLK room for students and teachers to play.
TAEYEON KIM/SAGAMORE STAFF
Don’t touch the ropes! Sophomore Daysha Palacios jumps in on the left to join two other students. The crowd cheered at the event as the three students pulled off the difficult trick of getting three people jumping in between the ropes.
TAEYEON KIM/SAGAMORE STAFF
The air smells delicious! Students wait in line for popcorn and slushies, served by Counselor Jeanette Lindor and ACE Counselor Kara Lopez. Black Cultural Playground had a table serving free food as part of the experience.
TAEYEON KIM/SAGAMORE STAFF
“What flavor would you like?” asks Senior Anthony Vieti. He volunteered to scoop an make the slushies at Black Cultural Playground.