ZOE TSENG/SAGAMORE STAFF

Jacob Page

Jacob Page, a Brookline native, is a specialist counselor in the ExCEL program. He graduated from the high school in 2010 and went on to attend college in Rhode Island. Before working at the high school, he worked at the Lawrence School for four years. In his free time, Page enjoys spending time with his two-and-a-half-year-old daughter, playing basketball and training his dog for dog shows. Some of his favorite Celtics players are Kyrie Irving, Terry Rozier and Jayson Tatum.

What made you come to the high school?

I finished my grad school program which focused on school counseling and mental health, so this is kind of the career that I wanted to go down. I felt like working with high school kids is my thing. Once this opportunity showed itself, I went for it.

You said working with high schoolers is your thing. Why high schoolers as opposed to middle schoolers?

I think for high school kids you can be more creative in your counseling and thinking. You get into more in-depth conversations and sometimes a more mature level of counseling as well. That’s why I decided to come to the high school.

What are your hobbies?

If I’m not with my family, I’m either playing basketball, working out or training. I like to train my dog. I have a pitbull. She’s great. She’s two. Her name is Nala, like in The Lion King.

What do you think is the most interesting thing about yourself?

I think for me the most interesting thing is how I can adapt. I’m really good at adapting to different situations that I’m in. I’m visual but also hands-on. If you give me something I have to make, I’m good at seeing it once and then putting things together.