Blue takes 2018 Powderpuff title after a fantastic pep rally

Tina Little, Sports Editor

Powderpuff

Contributed by Niall Shannon
The blue team, represented by the class of 2019, were able to take the lead, which led to a 30-12 victory.

One of the few sporting events the entire high school unites behind is the annual flag football game between the junior (red, class of 2020) and senior (blue, class of 2019) girls. After a hard-fought game, the seniors won.

Contributed by Niall Shannon
The enthusiasm for the game, which was played in 40°F weather, was not hindered by the chilly weather.

After senior Jordan Dias scored a touchdown in the first couple minutes, the seniors maintained their lead throughout the entire game. A pass from junior Emily Trelstad allowed the juniors to score their first touchdown right before halftime. However, the senior team was 12 points ahead. The seniors finally secured their victory when they scored the final touchdown of the game in the last 5 minutes.  

The final score was 30 to 12.

Tina Little

Pep Rally

Before the Powderpuff game, the pep rally in the Schluntz Gymnasium consisted of choreographed entrances by the junior and senior teams as well as performances from the junior varsity and varsity cheerleading teams, Popcorn, Cantico and the Samba Drumming Club.

Tina Little
The blue team performs their dance, which included both comical and fierce choreography.
Tina Little
Upon entrance, the juniors, who represent the red team this year, performed a dance for the pep rally, as is tradition.

After a brief “Happy Thanksgiving” message from Headmaster Anthony Meyer, Athletic Director Pete Rittenburg honored fall sports teams and athletes.