Nina+Rogers

Nina Rogers

Nina Rogers, Regulars editor, junior

About Me:
Hi, I’m Nina! I’m currently a junior at the high school and this is my second year on The Sagamore. I’m definitely a Hufflepuff and am a staunch believer that Hufflepuffs should get more love. In my free time I like to read, bake, and watch hockey; I’m a *huge* Bruins fan and would probably give a kidney to get the chance to interview Patrice Bergeron. Movie and TV wise, I don’t watch a whole lot of either but I tend to like a pretty wide variety of genres 🙂

TV Recommendations:
“Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” on HBO is amazing! He does a comedic take on what’s happening in the world and an around 18 minute deep-dive on a specific topic each show.

“Stranger Things” on Netflix is also great. It has really great character development over the course of the three seasons, and season four is coming soon so I’m looking forward to it.

“SKAM.” This one is less mainstream. The show (which translates to “shame” in Norwegian) started in Norway in 2015 and ended in 2017 after four seasons. Each season is dedicated to one specific character in high school and their struggles with their sexuality, religion, sexual assault and other really important, intersectional topics. The official site it was uploaded to in Norway is blocked in the US, so I found it on DailyMotion 🙂 If you like the show, versions with the same characters/story have been made in Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, France, and even the US so I highly recommend that you check them out.

Movie Recommendations:
“The Accountant” is one of my all-time favorite movies and you can find it on Hulu/Amazon Prime. It stars Ben Affleck as a contract killer with autism and it’s super epic. If you’re not into violent movies though, I wouldn’t recommend it.

“Tangled,” which is on Disney+. A severely underappreciated Disney movie if I do say so myself. It has amazing songs and beautiful animations.

Music Recommendations:
Here’s a link to my End of the World spotify playlist (yes I’m a BTS fan come at me)

What I’ll be checking out in the next two weeks:
I really want to watch “Parasite.” I’ve heard so many good things about it and I’m so excited to finally have time to sit down to watch it.