The Boston Common Frog Pond: 8/10

February 9, 2022

Price: $6 for people over 58 inches tall (free for those shorter), $12 rentals for high schoolers
Location: 38 Beacon St., Boston

Next, I ventured into the Boston Commons to visit the Frog Pond, which serves as a low pool with sprinklers in the summer.

Inside the rink, it was so crowded that it seemed impossible to skate in a straight line without bumping into someone. A line of at least 20 wrapped around the rink, with people waiting patiently to join in on the fun. Apparently, the idea of skating in the gorgeous Boston Commons with all of its festive, wintery decorations was appealing to more than a few.

The Frog Pond was framed by the tall buildings around the Commons and some colorful string lights hanging from trees. Integrated within the bustle of the city, many strolled by, taking pictures of the rink and the Commons as a whole. However, with the excitement of a city, commotion will almost always be present, and sometimes unpleasant. The weather being 15 degrees out further added to the discomfort of waiting in a mile-long queue. Additionally, with the chatter of many around the Commons and the honking from Beacon St., the music was not as audible as I would have liked.