Peeps: Hispanic Heritage Month

Joaquin Rodriguez
    Joaquin Rodriguez

“Hispanic Heritage Month means a lot to me because I am Colombian and Peruvian, and I feel like I have a whole entire month to celebrate where I’m from and how I feel.”

Alyssa Dos Santos
    Alyssa Dos Santos

“To me, [Hispanic Heritage Month] is about knowing what our ancestors went through. I'm Brazilian, so for me it's about [understanding] what we went through to establish some independence.”

Jaslene Lorenzo
    Jaslene Lorenzo

"I'm Puerto Rican and we're very family oriented. I love my family and being around them and knowing that I always have people by my side is just something that I really value."

Sophia Morales
    Sophia Morales

“I'm from Guatemala and Brazil and I think one of the things that's special about my culture is how we work as a family. Being Hispanic, family is always very important. In Guate, we are really close as a family. We live in close villas and the community is family.”

Bruno Amaral
    Bruno Amaral

“We feel that Latinos are often underrepresented in schools, especially at BHS. So Hispanic Heritage Month gives us the opportunity to share our culture with other people.”

Micaela Phelan Burgos
    Micaela Phelan Burgos

“Even if we were born here, our culture feels like an outsider, but it’s not a disadvantage; it's something to be proud of. We have something different and different is good.”