Q&A with social worker Randee Siegel

Public Domain

Randee Siegel is a new social worker at the high school’s ninth grade campus at the Old Lincoln School (OLS).

Randee Siegel joined the high school this fall as a social worker at the Old Lincoln School (OLS). Originally from Hollywood, Florida, she attended Boston University for graduate school and has stayed in the Boston area ever since. They love spending time with their two cats.

What inspired you to become a social worker at a high school?

I’ve always really loved working with young people and working in a school setting. So, when the opportunity came up, I kind of jumped at it. I remember my own time in high school as a really weird, interesting time where I was figuring out my own identity. There were a lot of home-life changes and friend and family stressors. I think that I can be there for other kids and I feel like I’m in the right place.

If you had to give one message to students, what would it be?

School is going to be incredibly challenging this year in a lot of ways. There’s a ton of people and supports around you to be able to help you navigate it.

What has been a highlight of being at the high school so far?

The amount of support from other staff has been a big highlight of working here for sure.

Do you have any hobbies?

I really like to read, write and I also really like running outdoors.

Did you do anything fun this summer?

Sleep. I also saw some of my family that I hadn’t seen in a while, so that was really nice.