Peeps: Who is going to the Super Bowl this year?

GRAPHIC BY AMY SUN
Anthea Chan, junior

I know that the 49ers are going to the Super Bowl because they have Brock Purdy, and everybody underestimated him because he was a low-drafted player. But they put him in for one game, and he did well. With him as the quarterback, they have a good chance. They also have strong wide receivers and players who can catch the ball, so their offense is good, and their linemen can knock people over. With that combination of a good offense and a strong defense, they have a chance to win.

Ian Rich, senior

I think it's going to be the Ravens and 49ers. The Ravens will probably win because I think Lamar Jackson is having a career year, and he's probably going to win MVP. They're going to win because the Ravens have a good offensive system.

Ilan Luszczynski-Williams, junior

It is going to be the Lions. It is going to be the Lions versus the Ravens because the Ravens have been having an outstanding season. I thought the Lions got scammed out of their win over the Cowboys. I think the Detroit Lions are definitely the strongest. The Detroit Lions are underlooked in comparison to other teams because of their dynamic playmakers.

Malcolm Cawthorne

I think on paper, it should be San Fran and Baltimore Ravens. They're by far the most complete teams at this point of the season. They have earned those number-one seeds, which is always helpful to have home-field advantage all the way through. And it is the playoffs. They play one game. It's hard to predict. I know Baltimore beat them up pretty good in the regular season. I think San Fran is a bit of a better team. I think the only thing separating [them] is the quarterback for Baltimore is better.

Julia Price, junior

I think the 49ers and the Ravens are going to the Superbowl, and I think the Ravens are going to win. They’ve both had good seasons and are definitely playing the best right now compared to other teams. The Eagles are also good this season, but I do think the 49ers are going to go.