Girls junior varsity volleyball beats Framingham 3-0

ADDY ANYAOSAH/CYPRESS STAFF
The girls junior varsity volleyball team beat the Framingham Flyers 2-0 on Monday, Sept. 11, for their home opener.

The Warriors started off strong with a 3-0 lead in the first set and their lead only continued to grow. Freshman Ella Upadhyay hit some incredibly strong serves, including an ace.

Upadhyay said that, during the game, the Warriors were focused on having fun and implementing what they had learned in practice.

“We practiced serving a lot on Friday, and it definitely paid off,” Uphadhyay said.

The Flyers were often unable to return the Warriors’ consistent serves, resulting in a 25-11 Warriors victory, taking the first set with a show of dominance.

Brookline continued to dominate, starting the second set with four consecutive serves by freshman Ori Levy. As the game progressed, the Warriors found their rhythm and confidence, according to Levy.

“[The team] felt okay going into the game, but as it went on we became more confident,” Levy said.

A few good plays from the Flyers closed the lead to 4-3, and the atmosphere became tense. Seconds later, a dive by Upadhyay led to a 5-3 lead, and the Warriors gained momentum as the second set continued.

Many players on the Warriors team showcased their skills, including freshman Jenny Anyaosah who served two aces in a row.

The second set ended 25-10 for the Warriors, as the team erupted into cheers.

While the Warriors played a strong game, coach Sarah Nelson said there is still room for improvement.

“We need to continue to work on receiving serves and recovering with a pass after a really tough serve,” Nelson said.

This is their second game and second win, setting them up for a competitive season.