Peeps: Barbie vs. Oppenheimer

Zoe Arthur, freshman
Zoe Arthur, freshman

“Barbie…Honestly, I thought it was more fun and more entertaining and I wanted to see what happened next. With Oppenheimer I was counting down the seconds until it was done.”

Benji Brooks, freshman
Benji Brooks, freshman

“Probably Oppenheimer. I like the actor, Cillian Murphy, but it also just seems more interesting. Barbie has a secret message but I feel like Oppenheimer's really straightforward, just about his struggles and what he’s going through building a bomb.”

Annika Epstein, senior
Annika Epstein, senior

“I would say Barbie because, this is bad to admit but, I didn’t really understand Oppenheimer. It was hard to follow and it was too long and Barbie was more fun and had a deeper message.”

Izzy Braun, senior
Izzy Braun, senior

“Barbie…Honestly, the Billie Eilish song had me crying…I thought I wasn’t going to cry and then the Billie Eilish song started playing and I could not stop.”

Sofia Andersen, freshman
Sofia Andersen, freshman

“I only watched Barbie… I liked the story that it told…I didn’t realize before how empowering it was going to be."

Bruno David, junior
Bruno David, junior

“I prefer the movie Barbie since I haven’t watched Oppenheimer yet…[My favorite part was when] all the Kens are singing and dancing.”

Liam Christ, freshman
Liam Christ, freshman

“I thought Barbie was sort of bad and I didn’t watch Oppenheimer….It was boring and it just wasn’t very good…The plot was super dry. [But I] liked Ryan Gosling.”

Adriana Oviedo, sophmore
Adriana Oviedo, sophmore

“I haven't gotten to watch Oppenheimer yet so I would have to choose Barbie…I thought the messages in it were…really feminist…I thought the plot was surprising because I didn’t think the Kens would take over.”

Echo Larson - Junior
Echo Larson - Junior

"I really liked both, but I think Barbie, just because it had more of a personal impact. I do think that Oppenheimer was a really amazing movie, but...I thought it was really funny, and I just understood all the jokes, and I just understood it more on a personal level."

Mouri Shende-Ruiz, junior
Mouri Shende-Ruiz, junior

“Oppenheimer because it had more substance and it had a more concrete story… its influence in the world is more profound."